Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Opening non-commercial models

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone,

Some, in order to make clear what they are looking for, attach their models in this forum. 
The most of time I'm not able to open these models because they were created with a non-commercial licence. 

Capture.JPG

How can I open these models ? 

Thank you very much. 
Best regards. 
O.C

3 REPLIES

Re: Opening non-commercial models

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can open such a model only with a non-commercial license (Research, Educational or Student License).

Legend
Legend
Thank you Michael for your comment !

That's weird ! How come ?
May I ask you the reason of this policy ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Non-commercial licenses are much cheaper than commercial licenses or are even for free. It is not allowed to use such a non-commercial license for commercial projects. To prevent using a mix of commercial and non-commerial licenses, non-commercial models cannot be loaded into a commercial license.

Note that the Educational license is limited to 1000 objects (not counting Connectors, Methods and TableFiles), so you can create pretty big models with it.

The Student license is limited to only 80 objects and is therefore not useful for real projects anyway. Starting with Plant Simulation 12.1 you can load a model saved with a Student license into a commercial license (you still get a message saying you are not allowed to use it for commercial purposes).