cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operators and Release all services when one of them is failed

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with understanding the differences between having "Release all services when one of them is failed" on or off. What I want to accomplish is that the exporter is released when the importer is failed. Is that possible?

3 REPLIES

Re: Operators and Release all services when one of them is failed

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Verbalins,

if a team of workers is needed for the processing of a part you define multiple services in the Importer. Please see the SingleProc AF in the attached model for Plant Simulation 12.0.

What should happen if one of the workers fails during the processing time and the other members of the team can work? The available workers remain mediated if the checkbox Release when services are failed. In case of a large MTTR of the failed worker it is reasonable that an available worker of the team is doing an open job.

Please activate the mentioned checkbox and consider the simulation by the Event debugger. You will see at the event DisruptionStart that the available worker performs the small job at SingleProc A.

Regards,

Peter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Verbalins,

the behavior of the workers during a machine failure is described in the Example collection which can be started by the Start Page of Plant Simulation: Press Example Models and then click Small Examples

Category Resources, Topic Worker, Example Machine Failures

The idea is the usage the Fail control of the Importers (menu of the SingleProc Tools, Edit Controls)

Regards,

Peter

Legend
Legend

Thank you very much for the answer, that was what I was looking for!