Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimising the power of all single proc

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am not able to know the difference between operational and working parameter for energy in single proc.

Can  I make the operational energy as 0 Kw, so that energy is saved in overall model?

3 REPLIES

Re: Optimising the power of all single proc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jui,

look at the index of the Help: Look for Operational > energy.

Waiting means, that the resource is not unplanned and not paused and not failed.
A resource is working when a movable unit is processed.

You can independently define the power input (measured in kW) for the states Operational and Working.
The power input for the states Operational can be = 0.

Regards,
Peter

Creator
Creator

Hi Peter,

I have a source from which 4 types of bottles are coming(white(47.5%),green(47.5%),white_cranked(2.5%),green_cranked(2.5%)). Out of which cranked one are gng to breaker ,mold and feezer. So, these machines  are continously running whether bottles are there or not so .

So when no bottles are coming to this section I want these  machine either be in standy mode or running with less energy. Can this be done by turinng operational energy to 0 or some lesser value?

Will it help to reduce the overall power for model?

Capture.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jui,

I recommend installing a Buffer before these machines. If sufficiently many movable units are in the Buffer (e.g. 10), the machines are switched from the energy state Standby to Operational. For this purpose the Buffer is equipped with an observer of the value numMU with an instruction like this

if Buffer.numMu >= 10 then
Puffer.ExitLocked:= false;
-- after the transition time is the energy state Operational and than Working
elseif Buffer.numMu = 0 then
Puffer.ExitLocked:= true;
freezer.EnergyTargetState := "Standby";
end;

Note, that the energy consumption for the energy state StandBy is less than for the Operational in practice. You can save energy by going to the energy state StandBy. But there is a trade off between many changes of the energy state and the needed transition times.

Regards,
Peter