Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimization of the production sequence

Experimenter
Experimenter

I want to optimize the production sequence i.e. find the sequence that gives the minimum production time. Currently I have the Educational license, but I found the function GASequence that is compatible in the Professional license. If I get an upgrade, will this function be able to find the optimal sequence from a sequence with size n=1400? What is the upper bound of n for the function to work?

If GASequence can not handle sequences of this lenght, do you have any suggestions on other tools/methods that I can use instead?

1 REPLY

Re: Optimization of the production sequence

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Our GA-objects, particularly the GASequence will be able to solve your optimization task.

XXX.png

There is no upper bound, it's just a matter of computing time (some times of RAM too).

Typically no such long sequences are calculated, bacause after you may have started the lets say first twenty parts in the optimized order the conditions the model (or real line) is in will have changed. Usually a shorter portion of the sequence (for example five parts) is optimized and frozen. While these parts are processed the next portion is optimized.

If you do as suggested it will probably not remain just a sequencing, but also become a selecting task for the GA. Which are the best fitting next (five) parts and which sequence they should follow.

XXX.png

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!