Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Processing with Precedence

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am modeling a station (represented by a frame) where a Mu will undergo 10 or so processes before moving on. I need guidance for how to model these processes in parallel. The catch is each process has a unique processing time and service type so I don't believe parallelproc is appropriate.

To make things more interesting... some of the processes cannot happen in parallel due to the nature of assembly. What ways can I honor the strict precedence for these certain procs while allowing the remaining once to execute independently?

Let me know your ideas! My customer would prefer a more logical representation of the process flow than using one long method, if possible. Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Parallel Processing with Precedence

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

We have a toolkit that does precisely this. I can send you some more information.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Legend
Legend

In the class library create a frame. Create a assembbly sequence in this frame for that station only. 

This frame will be your station..you can drag and drop this frame as the station anywhere and connect it with other stations. With this you can pretty much model anykind of process. 

I hope this helps. 

Check the sample to get an idea of what I am talking about. 

Sachin

Hello Nomden,

can i have some info on this toolkit too?

Thank you so much.