Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel proc should process the part in first come first serve

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Source - > workspace           parallel proc ->workspace   and   singleproc -> workspace.

Can parallel proc processes the parts in first come first serve. I have scenarion where the worker picks the parts from the source and place on the parallel proc in sequence of 1 to 20 , and as parts arrives on parallel proc, the worker picks the parts from parallel proc (xdimension:1, ydimension:100) and place on the singleproc through carry away part exit strategy where mutarget is given.

Can It be happened, worker should be pick part *.MUs.Entity:1 first and then part *.MUs.Entity:2 and so on.. as the parts arrived on parallel proc and place on singleproc

Parallel proc has entry and exit control but no processing, setup and recovery time.

Actually, parallel proc should behave like a buffer for storing the parts but doing nothing..

Does it possible for worker to pick part based on the arrival sequence on parallel pro and place on singleproc

6 REPLIES

Re: Parallel proc should process the part in first come first serve

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

I don't really understand what you want to achieve, but have you considered using a Buffer instead of a parallelproc? It seems like the Buffer functionality would be enough to solve your problem.

Creator
Creator
Thank you,

But when I placed the buffer worker does not pick the part from buffer....

Scenario:

I have Source from where the parts enters into buffer (exit strategy :carry away part) with workplace where worker comes and pick the part, now worker needs to be place the part on single proc (it has its own work space) .

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you didn't set everything up correctly. I recommend you to check out some of the small examples (Home screen -> example models -> small examples -> Category: Resources & Topic: Worker). Then you can choose from some examples that illustrate how to carry parts.

Additionally I included a small model where it works.

Creator
Creator
Thank you..

Unable to open attached as it has been created in 13.2 and I have 13 version. please help..

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Try this one

Legend
Legend

check this model, its in version 11. 

Sachin