Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel proc triggering problem

Builder
Builder

Hi All,

I am trying to solve a situation where i use the parallel procs to trigger the worker, The parallel proc has capacity of 2. I want the two parts simulatneously in the parallel proc  call the worker. But in reality it is always doing one by one. Can anybody tell me what i need to do to make both the MUs in the parallel proc to simulaneoulsy trigger the worker and not one after another ?

3 REPLIES

Re: Parallel proc triggering problem

Legend
Legend

Hi, 

There might be couple of things. 

1. you have one workplace. 

2. in the importer services table you have 1 service. or amount =1 

However practically it wont work. Parallel proc is nothing but the 2 or more singleproc working at same time. So if you give the importer services amount as 2 operator it literally means that you want 2 operator to work on one part. So what it will do is simply divide the utilization by two. But everytime it will work on one part at a time. So solution is to use multiple singleprocs and give 2 operators in workerpool and 1 in the importer services. 

Sachin

Builder
Builder

I dont want to use two operators. I just want that both the MUs in the parallel proc call the worker at the same time so that the worker carries both the MUs at first before going to some other station. Somtimes worker leaves the  task in middle and goes to carry a new part. Since in this case both the MUs will trigger simulataneously, hence worker will first carry these two MUs and then will go to new part.

Do you have any suggestion, how I can achieve this ?

Legend
Legend

Sorry i understand it differently. If you want to carry the 2 part at once. Just go to operator class and inscrease its capacity to 2. Then it will carry 2 part every time. I hope this is what you want. You can change it dynamically also if you have different requirements everytime. 

Sachin