cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past orders of due date optimization examples

Experimenter
Experimenter

In the example due date optimization, the orders could be edit and added in the table file. The initial state of the factory has zero order. However, in a real case, there will always be existing orders in the factories. How could I set the existing orders? or how could I set the initial states in the factories?

Many thanks for your advice!

2 REPLIES

Re: Past orders of due date optimization examples

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

The given example is based on an approach to find a general (best) pattern to run similar orders. This way it could be possible i.e. to advice how to group orders. It's a more strategic approach.

Your question points (as I believe) to the much more sophisticated approach of a operational (inline) optimization. This is possible too of course but will cause more effort resulting from the need to:

• know the orders already in process (including their progress) - i.e. ba accessing a MES
  • initialize the model accordingly (how to do this depends on your process)
  • have a high performance model (in order to get an optimization result until the starting condition has changed again)

Typically such an inline optimization will not have to cover a long time period (months, years, ...) because the real behavior of the process (mostly because of its stochastic influences) will increasingly differ from the simulated behavior of the process.

Hope this brings you at least one step forward.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Re: Past orders of due date optimization examples

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, what I mean is an operational approach. With the table of the original orders, I would like to calculate the delay when there is a sudden order with the highest priority. So during daily operation, it could assist users in decision making. 

From your point 1&2, you mean if i want to simulate the past orders (already finished MU), I could initialize the model (say which MU on which work stations) according to the working progress in reality. However, I do not quite understand the 3rd point. 

Look forward to you reply! Many thanks