Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Inheritance for a TableFile

Legend
Legend

Hi!

I have created a frame for a machine that I want to reuse several times in my model(Please see attached image). The Processing times of the machine depend on MU Names and are listed in a Table. 

I want this frame to act as a class and all instances to have their own table linked to the SingleProc.

However, when I create instances of this frame,due to inheritence the path specified in the SingleProc dialog is always of the table in the base class. 

If it was a method I suppose I could have written

current.ProcessingTimes

as the path. But linking a method in the Processing time field is also not working.

How do I make this happen here?

Path inheritance.PNGPlease notice the path of the table file

3 REPLIES

Re: Path Inheritance for a TableFile

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I suggest that you use a relative path. Just enter "ProcessingTimes" into the edit field of the class (without the double quotes).

Legend
Legend
Exactly what I wanted. I didn't know it was called Relative Path. Thanks.

Creator
Creator

If this helps: You can also add an init-method to your frame. When the simulation starts the init-methods in all subframes are executed and you can refer to relative objects.

This could be useful in case you have different numbers of process steps in your stations (e.g. because of different WIP). 

During initialization you could for example assign the processing time to each station in your subframe.

var station : object
	for var i := 1 to current.numNodes
		station := current.node(i)
		if station.typeOf(.MaterialFlow.SingleProc) or station.typeOf(.MaterialFlow.ParallelProc) or station.typeOf(.MaterialFlow.Assembly)
			station.procTime.setParam("Formula", "mProcessingTime") 
		end
	next

In this case mProcessingTime is a method in the subframe, assigning the List as in your case should also be possible I guess Smiley Happy

Best regards