Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pb with number of entities in Kanban Buffer

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

I would like to put in Kanban Buffer Entity from Source (not Kanban Source).

When Kanban Buffer request for Entity GetPartData window opened (source code encrypted)

How to have a model with Kanban Buffer drived by Kanban Single Proc (simulation of a command of product A) and Product A is coming from source pushed to the Kanban buffer.

Capture.JPG

In this case the min and max of the buffer are not active (I have all the time more entities than max level in the buffer) What is missing to have this max and min levels available ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Christelle

2 REPLIES 2

Betreff: Pb with number of entities in Kanban Buffer

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Christelle,

I'm also looking for your problem solution. How did you solve the task?

Greetings

Ismail

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Betreff: Pb with number of entities in Kanban Buffer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Christelle,

The KanbanBuffer always checks the number of parts at stock when moving parts out of the buffer. If current stock reaches the minimum stock, parts will be ordered at the preceding Kanabn object which you defined in the KanbanBuffer. This may be a KanbanBuffer again or a KanbanSource.

If you want to use a normal source object to create the parts, you will run into trouble, because the source creates any arbitrary part and not the parts the KanbanBuffer needs. This fills the buffer and leads to a blocking behavior. The maximum capacity of the KanbanBuffer is calculated by the sum of the maximum stock for each part.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution