Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pick and Place Robot Buffer Problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I had already done a Pick and Place Robot with Exit Strategy and using Methods for both the Exit Strategy and Target (for the Pick and Place Robot). I wanted to replicate that in this model. I want RobotC to take it from Laser to OptionalGage to Buffer. Then I want the RobotC to wait while the product goes through to TackDE by itself. Then I want RobotC to take the product again and move it to BufferingConv. I tried to use a similar technique but it doesn't work. I also tried to code Laser differently but it didn't work so I commented it out. Is there something about wanting the robot to wait that is causing a problem? Or am I somehow using the Buffer tool wrong? I've attached the example below and the code I used for each of the methods. I put MLaser in the Exit Strategy for Laser, MOptionalGage for OptionalGage, MTackDE for TackDE, and MRobotC in the Target area for RobotC. Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES

Betreff: Pick and Place Robot Buffer Problem

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I don't think you can set the destination of RobotC to BufferingConv since that is not connected to RobotC with a connector.

Re: Pick and Place Robot Buffer Problem

Phenom
Phenom

have a look

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

I have attached a model where I also implemented something similar to what is shown in your picture. I think the issue is that you don`t set the robot to move to your "TackDE" station. You can take a look at the entrance and exit strategies in the stations and the robot in my model. Once you start using an exit strategy to move a MU between stations using a robot, it is better to set every destination for that robot for every station that is using an exit strategy involving this robot. 

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: Pick and Place Robot Buffer Problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

After posting this I revised my model and corrected the connectors but it still doesn't work

Pioneer
Pioneer

Could you attach a picture instead? Your version is a higher version than mine (12.0) so I'm not able to open it, thanks!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Could you attach a picture instead? Your version is a higher version than mine (12.0) so I'm not able to open it, thanks!

Phenom
Phenom

Here you are

m0 is the pullcontrol method of the robot

Unbenannt.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

here is my model also in version 12.0.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Attached is a file with an isolated view of my problem. My specific problem is that I want the MU to go from Buffer to TackDE on its own, but program RobotC so it picks it up at Tack DE after it's done. I want it to follow the way I set up the connectors.