Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PickAndPlace Robot can not move in 3D viewer

Creator
Creator

Dear Expert,

I want to use PickandPlace object in my model fristly, but I found it always keep one status and can not animated the pick and place process, Could you please tell me what's wrong ? and any suggestions on how to change default animations of robot?

Attached is the video show what's happened, FYI.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

6 REPLIES

Re: PickAndPlace Robot can not move in 3D viewer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Kevin,

I'm afraid the video alone only lets me guess what might happen.

Here are some ideas:

1. Is real-time simulation turned off or on?
    If it is turned off, it might be that the only times in which you get a picture are ones in which the robot arms are always located at the same position, depending on the rest of your simulation (e.g. if all your events happen blockwise every (simulation) minute or so.
  2. Is the robot a standard or another multi-axes robot? From a look at the video, it looks that it is. If not, an ill-configured robot might be the cause for what you see.
  3. Similar to the real-time simulation attempt: Does the robot do some of its transfer tasks in zero time?
    In such a case, there is no intermediate state between taking a part and waiting to get rid of it.
    You can find that out with a look at the times table in the object dialog of the robot.

If none of that helped, maybe you can post your model so that someone can have a more detailed look.

Regards

Peter

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot , You are right, If I turn the real-time on and set the robot go to default position, it looks good.

Another question,

I found if the robot pick or deposit parts from/to singleprocs, it can reach the exact position of the parts, but when pick or deposit parts from/to lines, it can not go to the parts location, only get the approximate direction, so is there any setting or method to let the robot get the exact position of parts?

I can use a dummy singleproc station to make it, but I hope there is an easy way to make it.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Kevin

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Kevin!

I create  a model of pickandplace robot,as is shown in the attachment ,you can reference to it ,mayby it helps you,good luck to you!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is no such setting but it is important that a robot can physically reach an MU to animate correctly. Due to the axes' geometry, it can happen that the distance between robot and station looks plausible but is actually too large due to the (un-)flexibility of the robot's joints.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your response, unfortunately, the version of your model is higher than mine, my version is 13.0, anyway, very appreciate your help!

kevin