Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PickAndPlace blocked in simple model

Creator
Creator

Hello,

You will find attached a simple model where a worker unloads a MU in a buffer. Then the PickAndPlace loads the MU and unloads it in another buffer. After the second MU, the model is blocked.

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong? The model has no custum code and therefore only uses built-in features.

Best regards,

Clément.

6 REPLIES

Re: PickAndPlace blocked in simple model

Phenom
Phenom

It seems you didn't do anything wrong.

I deleted and inserted a robot again

Now it works.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your reply, but the model you posted is different (no loading time in PickAndPlace attributes).

When a loading time in the PickAndPlace and a unloading time in the workplace are set, the model blocks !!!

Its it a bug of Plant Simulation ?

Phenom
Phenom

yes, you are right!

It seems to have something to do with the constellation buffer and  pick and place which is not

working as expected.

I have exchanged the buffer1 with a placebuffer to get it working s. attachment.

Siemens should have a look at this behaviour.

Creator
Creator

It seems you uploaded the same model as befor. And what do you mean by place buffer ?

Thank you.

Phenom
Phenom

sorry, here's the right model

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is a bug in Plant Simulation when using a buffer for which the unloading time of the worker has started when the Pick&Place with loading time arrives.

The bug will be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime you can use a parallelproc instead of a buffer when unloading time and loading time are needed or work with other times to avoid this situation.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.