Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plant Simulation + Teamcenter integration

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Yes sorry, the HTML file was just an example and a spinoff of your earlier idea Smiley Happy We can skip it since it is unnecessarily confusing.

I have realized that the idea is not to write data to Teamcenter, but only read data from Teamcenter into Plant Simulation. There will for example be a table of some sort in Teamcenter containing MTTR, MTBF,Cycle Times and other simulation-relevant data. This "table" in Teamcenter should then be imported into Plant Simulation. It is the importing of data from Teamcenter I am ultimately after Smiley Happy And for this purpose, I assume it has something to do with PLMXML?

How did you come to the conclusion that it is simple to change the import/export mechanism?

I hope you understand. Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for your help, the discussion is very useful for my understanding!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ok, I think I start to get your point.

At this moment, in my opinion, the integration of Plant Simulation is not very extensive when compared to Process Simulate. But the kind of information you refer to would typically be stored in the Bill of Process and the information you mention is already there (e.g. MTTR, Availability).

The way I still see it; take information from TC, study it in Plant Simulation and just send back the results. Based on the results you revise information in Teamcenter (as far as it is managed by it). I see value in a further integration, for instance in relation to line balancing.

If you like I can show you the integration in a working test environment with data.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

If you have the possibility to show me the importing/reading of this (MTTR, Availability etc) data from Teamcenter into Plant Simulation, it would be exactly what I would like to see and how to do it. This would be much appreciated!

How do we solve this practically? I received your private message earlier.

Many thanks.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Just contact me directly to set a time and date.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

I am on a quest myself for the MTTR within teamcenter. Where you able to find this information?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello sfruehe.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve; but if you want to see or edit the special properties for Plant Simulation - Availability, MTTR, and Plant Sim Class - I might be able to help you, though I'm afraid it's a bit complicated.

The TC properties are defined at the Item Revision, so you won't see them directly at the configured BOM Line in MPP. The properties are available for resources; when you have a resource structure loaded in MPP, select a line and open Properties (Alt-P, or from context menu). Then scroll down to 'Item Revision/GDE Object' and click the link, with opens the Properties of the Item Revision. You can see the properties when you select the 'All' tab at the bottom. (If the property values are still empty, you first need to click the 'Show empty properties' link at the bottom of the list.)

If you want to edit the properties, you need to check-out the Item Revision, change the values, and check-in again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hello,
What I am trying to achieve is locating the MTTR within teamcenter so I can define a value. Right now the value found in plant sim is just blank or undefined. I looked through the entire SPP file properties within teamcenter and couldnt find anything relating to MTTR. I thought that maybe there was an odd naming convention.