cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Simulation V13.01 model crash and experiment manager silent execution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

We are trying to migrate to Plant Sim V13.01 from V10.1 and encountering two issues:

1. Model crash

We build our models from our custom library,  if we save the model without clicking the "reset simulation" button, the following runtime error message is thrown when we try to re-open the model file:

Runtime_Error.PNG

2. Experiment Manager silent execution 

When we run experiments with experiment manager in V10.1, for every experiment run, we would get a explicit plant simulation instance for each runs. These explicit instances are very helpful for us to test the stability of the model at the end of the experiments before the experiment manager is closed. In the V13.01, the experiment manager executes all of the experiment silently and we cannot access each experiment run instance. Is there a way to turn off the experiment manager silent execution? 

If anyone has solutions to these two issues, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: Plant Simulation V13.01 model crash and experiment manager silent execution

Legend
Legend

Hello!

I can't help you with your first question, but for question number two:

That functionality was recently addedd to Plant Simulation, but you can turn it off by going into the attributes of the ExperimentManager and changing the attribute RemoteMachinesVisible (or changing it with a method).

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi JCharles,

To fix the crash we need your model to reproduce the crash. Can you open a call with our GTAC support organization, post the model or mail it to plantsimulation.studentlicense.plm@siemens.com?

Regards,

Ralf

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Verbalins, 

Thank you very much for the advice, the experiment manager instances show up perfectly now.

Cheers, 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ralf,

I cannot share our model due to NDA, 

Thanks,