Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Simulation and Teamcenter Integration

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello community!

Does anyone have (or work on) an environment with Teamcenter and Plant Simulation integration? Case yes, how is this integration used? What kind of information is exchanged between this two solutions?

I am just looking for examples of using this integration.

2 REPLIES

Re: Plant Simulation and Teamcenter Integration

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello RafaelCarmanini.

I can give you a short overview of how the Integration works and what you can do with it.

You need to setup the Teamcenter side first; the administrator has to import a TEM package to update the database scheme, and you need to prepare your manufacturing data in a Teamcenter Manufacturing (TCM) Collaboration Context (CC) with a special Application Interface object.

When you have a state that you want to simulate with Plant Simulation, the Teamcenter user creates a Sync in the Application Interface object. This will prepare the CC structures for later import in Plant Simulation; it includes the structures with simulation relevant properties and JT files. The administrator can configure the system to include customer properties as well.

Then the Plant Simulation user can import this Sync into their model. The Teamcenter data will be stored in hierarchical Table objects and can be further processed by SimTalk code.

When they want to share the simulation results with the Teamcenter user, they can export a report back to Teamcenter.

The Plant Simulation user can store their model file in Teamcenter. This mechanism uses the Teamcenter revisioning feature.

This is just a rough overview of how the feature works. You can find more details in Plant Simulation help.

If you have particular questions, please ask.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Plant Simulation and Teamcenter Integration

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi TimoS!

I created this environment in a virtual machine and tested this integration. In addition, a SimTalk code was develop in order to work with imported data and make little changes in my Plant Simulation model.

Thank you for your answer.