Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud activation by coding

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I am trying  automatic pint cloud file activation as the  background of Frame using dialog.

By coding, I set the  "pointCloudPath,_3D.PointCloudPosition" and "_3D.PointCloudRotationAngle " in Edit 3D properties at Point cloud field.

But I do also want to activate point cloud to show .pod file at frame using coding.

It would be much appreciated if you can share with me the 3D model and point cloud model generation using coding.

Thank you,

SJ 

5 REPLIES

Re: Point cloud activation by coding

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is no such function yet. You have to show/hide the point cloud manually.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you for your reply.
How about 3D object creation? Is it possible automatic model generation of 3D object using coding?

Phenom
Phenom

What do you exactly want to create through "automatic model generation of 3d object" ?

There are methods for creating 3d Shapes (s. built in Methods for Creating 3d shapes  in help file)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you for your reply.
Well, I will scan the some real machines as point clouds model and those will represent in 3D plant simulation by using model generation coding. I will use single processor object in the simulation for your information.
Is it possible?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That is not possible at the moment. We allow one point cloud per frame and even then, only one point cloud will be displayed.

At the moment, I know no tool that is able to convert point cloud files into "normal" graphic file like Jt, Parasolid, STEP, IGES, etc. - that doesn't mean there is none.

If you or anyone else happens to find such a tool (maybe even a free one?), others might be happy to get it to know so please share such knowledge.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution