Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointcloud disappear when zooming

Creator
Creator

Hi

I have imported a pointcloud into my model but when I zoom in the pointcloud disappears (see pictures below). Is there any way I can fix this?

Picture1.PNGPicture2.PNGPicture3.PNGPicture4.PNGPicture5.PNG

I use Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 13.1, Version 13.1.1.1053, Professional License

Thank you for your help!

6 REPLIES

Re: Pointcloud disappear when zooming

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Tobias,

Can you check which Open GL version you are using? (File->Preferences->3D)

If not yet set try to use the highest available version.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator
I am using OpenGL 4.4 which is the highest i can choose.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You could try going down to a lower OpenGL version - depending on the graphics adapter and driver, this might solve some visualization issues, too. Our default e.g. is 3.1 - simply because we continue to experience strange visualizations with some graphics adapters in combination with high OpenGL versions.

Another frequent cause for strange visualizations is the graphics driver itself - so, maybe updating that might help, too. Here it is typically better to look for a new driver on the site of the graphics adapter manufacturer itself instead of the windows search - windows often called three or four years old drivers "up to date" while the manufacturer slightly differed in that opinion by about three or four years.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thank you for your answer. I will try that.

Creator
Creator

Unfortunately it still does not work. I have updated the graphic drive, I am using NVIDIA Quadro M2000M DriverVersion: 377.35. I have tried all the Open GL versions and there is no change.

Creator
Creator

Hi again. I managed to solve the problem. When I import the Pointcloud into Plant SImulation the coordinate system is displaced. Before, I adjusted this in Plant Simulation by changing the PointCloud position. By changing the PointCloud position in CloudCompare instead, before I import it into Plant Simulation, I got much better result. Some parts still disapperars in some angles but it is much better.