Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position of display of Bottleneck Analyzer

Legend
Legend

Hi!

I was wondering if there is a way to move the display of the Bottleneck Analyzer. 

It is always displayed above the material flow object and a lot of objects in my model are vertically arranged. 

This is how it looks and sometimes it becomes difficult to compare them.

1.PNG

It is not a serious problem so far but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sanchay

3 REPLIES

Re: Position of display of Bottleneck Analyzer

Hello Sanchay,

it seems, that it is not possible to change the position of the chart.

You can at least have a look how you COULD change it, if the library wasn't locked:

Do a Alt+doubleclick at the instance of the BottlenackAnalyzer and then have a look at the code in draw_Scale or drawBar.

But unfortunately that doesn't help you at all Smiley Wink

draw_Scale.PNG

Legend
Legend

Hi Andreas,

This is amazing. I got so excited that I did an Alt+Double-click on every unique object in my model.

Anyway, you have given me a very handy tool and I thank you for that.

As far as my problem is concerned, I found that these methods can be edited by switching off the Inheritence. That allows us to change the method but only for that particular instance of the Bottleneck Analyzer. So it won't be a permanent solution, but everytime we encounter a problem like this, it can be solved with some extra effort.

This is what it looks like now...

bottleneck.PNG

I had to edit draw_Scale and drawBar methods.

Here is what I did...

1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks!

Sanchay

Legend
Legend

In addition to it, I found a not so temporary work around for reusing this Bottleneck Analyzer that displays to the left of the objects.

I have saved the the frame with the Bottleneck Analyzer instance as an object.

Now, if someone wants to use it, they can simply load this object and copy this Bottleneck Analyzer instead of the one from the library.

Please find it attached in a .zip file because this does not allow me to upload a .obj file.

Cheers!

Sanchay