Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after assigning "failures"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello!

I am a beginnner in Tecnomatix and need some help!

I have created a simulation of a small production line, where I want 1500 parts to enter and leave the system. There are three processes: Machining, Assembly and QualityCheck. There is a raw material and finished goods store, and a buffer for the assembly process. The stores are programmed by a method to record and remove all MUs that enter it.

Initially, when I do not give failures for any of the machines, I have one MU left in the finished goods store. When I assign different availability and MTTR values, there are 4 MUs left.

I am attaching both the files. One with no failures and another which has different availability and MTTR values. Could anyone explain and help me solve this issue? 

2 REPLIES

Re: Problem after assigning "failures"

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Prath_vepa,

 

you want to generate the original sequence of parts which was generated by the Source Supplier.

The sequence is changed because of the Exit Strategy of Machining (Percentage). 

The chaos is bigger if you select the Random Exit Strategy.

To reproduce the original sequence you register the next part which must be delivered to the Customer (Variable FG_count). That is correct.

The method FG_remove does nothing when the expected part has not reached FG_Store

When this part reaches the FG_Store, it is delivered, but the remaining parts in FG_Store are forgotten.

If a part is moved in the method FG_remove then I recommend checking whether further parts can be delivered.

 

Regards,

Peter

Re: Problem after assigning "failures"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I tried removing the Buffer and Assembly from the production line and connecting Machining directly to QualityCheck. I changed the exit strategy of Machining to Cyclic (blocking). This time I have an error in the FG_remove method and one part still remains in the FG_store. I am unable to identify the reason for this..and the solution.