Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem in Model Intitial Settings of workerpools

Hello All,

I have a problem that when I first run my simulation model, workers don't behave according to the shift calender during the first 3 hours of simulation. They come out of their pools as long as there is a part (MU). After that, the model works perfectly for the remaining simulation time.  I beleive this is something happening due to model settings. Please help me with that.

Thank you,

Mohamed Elshal

5 REPLIES

Re: Problem in Model Intitial Settings of workerpools

Hello Mohamed,

the Workerpool has a CreationTable. In the third column you can define the shift for the worker.

The name of the shift is defined the ShiftCalendar.

Regards,

Peter

Yes, for sure I did this but it is not behaving in a right way at the beginning of the simulation.

The only solution I have in mind is the remove this part of the simulation as a "warm up period"

Please try to set

WerkerPool.ShiftCalendarObject := void

or

WerkerPool.ShiftCalendarObject := MyShiftCalendar;

It is not working the way I am expecting. Should I put it as an exit control or entrance control to one of the objects?

[ Edited ]

Hi Mohamed,

it would probably be best if you uploaded your model so we/someone can check your settings. Smiley Happy And no, this does not have anything to do with entrance-/exit-controls. Peter used the init-method and another method to (re)set the shiftcalendarobject, but normally it should already work properly if you set the shiftcalendar via the Workerpool-Dialog.

Regards,

Alex