Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in setting failure profile

Builder
Builder

hello Mentors,

I have a problem in understanding the failures of machine.i run my model for 30 days and i have 150 minutes average as failure time  every shift(8 hours).I set the availabity for  around 70% with respect to Simulation Time and  MTTR  5 minute.but when i run the model,failures start occuring even before there is any MUs on machines.I think that happend because failure is set with respect to simulation time.I cannot set the Failure wrt to processing time or operating time as i have 150 mins failures time for every 8 hours simulation time and i dont know about operating and processing time.how i can deal with it.i have to set failure for 150 minutes every shift for 30 days.

2 REPLIES

Re: Problem in setting failure profile

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi k_parashar,

setting the failure mode to 'Operating Time' seems right to me.

Then you will get failures only during a shift.

But still you can get a failure when there is no MU on the machine, i.e. the machine is not working.

If failures can only happen while the machine is working you need the failure mode 'Processing Time'. For this you then have indeed not enough input.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Problem in setting failure profile

Builder
Builder

is there any other way by which i can show 150 minutes of failures on the line per shift  and 150 minutes of worker repairing that failures,because i dont know the processing time???