Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Importer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am building a model and there is a situation I did not understand.
I have a schedule with two work shifts (201 and 202). I also have a WorkerPool with the number of workers on each shift and their services. These workers will perform work on eight SingleProcs
Pausing the simulation, I found that there were stations waiting for workers, although there were workers available on WokerPool, so I noticed something else strange: there were workers on shift 202 working on shift 201.

What is going on?

func.png

funcionarios.png

turno.png

7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: Problem with Importer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Since you show the dialog of the worker No 19, but have only 13 workers defined in the wokerpool table, I suspect that you have other model frames (maybe copies of the model in discussion) that have been running and where not resetted? Or are there more than 1 workerpools? Using the same shift calender ore others? Are you looking at the right worker instances?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
My model goes beyond that. I have three more workerpools but they are for other workers with other functions. Some use the same shifts and others do not.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Henrique,

I suggest you check where work NO. 19 come from at the init stage and stop the simulation and shift switch time, and check the state again, or you can only activate this type of worker and run simulaiton to check again.

I think you can find the problem, or the software problem, thanks.

Re: Problem with Importer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did some testing and found that it's a software problem.

I have two workerpools associated with the same calendar. In this way, the error occurs, with active shift workers not going to their jobs and unplanned shift workers are working.
So, I created another calendar with the same information, but another name, so I left a workerpool associated with a calendar. The problem no longer occurred.

I suggest that this bug be observed in the next software update.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

My little model have two workerpools and one shift calendar and works as desired.

Can you please update your model which shows the bug or adapt my model so that we can see the bug.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Henrique,

Do you have any code relative with workerpool? If have, please check your code.

Legend
Legend

Hi Henrique, 

Please use relative path of the broker in workerpool and also the shiftcalendar. Because of the absolute path the broker & shiftcalendar might be still referencing from some other frame. if you have a different shift timings there it might affect the broker and worker pool. Also having operator no. 19 will not create any problem if its giving the right service at the right time. From the picture it looks like if you use the relative path of broker and all the other object related to it from the same frame it may solve the issue. 

Also as a best practice relative paths helps to avoid unnecessary debugging, unless you really want to reference the object from different frame.  

Absolute path: .Models.MasterFrame.broker

Relative path: Broker

Sachin