Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with an attribute

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi community

I have a little problem with my model

I'm using two stores, the parts are stored when some buffer or machines have failed. Then, when a part enters to any machine an attribute is created to move the part from the store to the correct machine when is operational again.

The problem is it appears a message with the next error: User-defined attribute was not found, I can't identify what is the problem because the attribute is created in the entrance of OP20.

I hope you canl help me, or give some suggestions for modeling this process easier.

I have  attached my model

Regards

Charly

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Problem with an attribute

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Charly1,

the part P1 already has the attribute 'Next_OP40'.

Please keep in mind, the front oriented exit control can be activated several times. I assume in your model the MU alrready wants to exit station OP30B, but cannot move to the successor. Therefore the MU will be entered in the backward blocking list of the successor and as soon as the successor is empty, the MU will be moved and the exit control will be executed for a second time.

so you should chnage your exit control in a way like:

if OP40.empty and OP40.Operational and L3.empty
	var target : object := L3

elseif L3.full 
	target := Store

if  L3.full and Store.full
	target := Store_2
	end			
else
	target := L3
end
if @.move(target) then
-- this will be executed only if the product can be moved
switch @.name

case "P1" 

@.DeleteAttr("Next_OP30")
	@.createAttr("Next_OP40","string")
end

very often you create an attribute and delete the attribute again without assignng a value to the attribute.

Creating and deleting attributes is a time consuming operation. i would recommend to create an attribute 'Next_Operation' of type string and assign the next operation to this attribute:

@.createAttr("Next_Operation","string")
@.Next_Operation := "OP30"

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: Problem with an attribute

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi GG

Thank you so much for your help

I applied the modifications that you suggesting me and the creation and the assignment of a value to the attribute, it works very well, but I found another problem:

some parts stored don't move to his its respective buffer and when the new part type is going to enter the parts are mixed and the setup time is applied again. In the real process, the new part can't move to the operations until the last batch have been released. I created other buffers (BA11, BA12, and BA13) to move parts in case there is not enough capacity

I hope you can help me

Regards
Charly