Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creation new parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone!

I'm a student at the Technology University and this is my first time with Plant Simulation. I wolud like to build a model of production furniture. But I have a little problem.. First step is taking chipboards (board which is made of wood) from source and moving it on a singleproc 'cutting' where chipboards are cutting on different elements of furniture such as shelves or sides (that's including in TableFile1). In this way we create new parts. And my question is how use the method in that case and how to create TableFile? Because then I want to use FlowControl to share particular parts to suitable places. 

I hope that you help me to solve that problem. Thanks a lot and I'm waiting for your responseSmiley Happy

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem with creation new parts

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi CC,

Looking at your case, I would use the Source to create the cut parts, not the chipboards. I think this is the simplest solution, and it may be a fine simplification judging from your model. Unless, of course, the sawing machine is a very important one (e.g. bottleneck), then you should use something like a DismantleStation or a SingleProc.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Nomden!

Yes, you're right that would be a simply solution for my model but the problem is that I have to create a real model based on concrete example of furniture factory. And I'm not allowed to make any change in that system. So chipboards have to be taken from source and then the sawing machine is responsible for cutting it on a smaller parts... Anyway thanks a lot for your ideaSmiley Happy

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi CC,

Perhaps you should start with a Source that creates production orders, instead of boards. Based on the information in the production order (an MU/BE), you can create new parts with a method. This kind of problem has been discussed several times on this forum.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm a new member in that forum so I haven't seen similar discussing so farSmiley Happy I'll try to change my model using your idea but can I leave the source with board because then I would like to create track with transporter moving boards and add second source with production orders? That will be better if I"ll send my proper model so you can take a glance at model but that is in polishSmiley Happy