cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with experiment manager

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone,

I have a model which simulate the logistic of the port. Four trucking companies (each one has different number of trucks) are responsible to transport a number of containers each day among 32 stations. The processing time in each station is based on a normal distribution.

Now I want to run 1 experiment with 20 observations for 318 days and get the average waiting hours of trucks belong to each company as output and I have defined no input. The first problem is that I set the event controller duration to 318 days, and observation numbers of experiment manager to 20 times, but the trucks only transport the orders of first 10 days, not all 318 days. Second problem is that, the experiment manager stops at observation 19 without an error.

Do you have any idea? Why is it happening?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Problem with experiment manager

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Elnaz,

before the usage of the Experimentmanager you should run a single simulation run for the duration of 318 days. There are enough transport orders for all trucks? Maybe later orders are not known at the beginning of the simulation

In order to check whether all 20 observations are simulated I recommend to open the Detailed Results on the second tab of the Experimentmanager. If there are statistical evaluations, like minimum and maximum, then all observations must be performed. The subtable in the seventh column shows all values. You can open it by double click or the key F2.

Can you provide the model?

Regards,

Peter

Creator
Creator

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your quick reply. You are right. I have checked a single run, it is not working proper. I have tried to do the simulation just for 1 trucking company, but the trucks stops at the middle of day 3!! It is wierd, when i starts the simulation from day 3 , trucks stops at the middle of day 5 ( some of them in the street, some in a single process) !!! They do their job just for 2 and half days!

Do you also have an idea for this problem?

I really appreciate your help.

Creator
Creator

Dear Peter,

I can not upload the model here, but if it is helpfl i will send it to you. Is it needed?

Regards

Elnaz

Siemens Phenom

Dear Elnaz,

I only have some conjectures:

1. Do you generated enough transport orders? Maybe you need infinite many oders, which can be generated by a Source object with MU selection Sequence Cyclical.

2. A Transporter unexpectedly stops on a way. Check whether Enatrance locked or Exit locked. (My most frequent mistake.) Does the way have an exit control without a move instruction? Does have such a Transporter an event in the Event Debugger?

3. Check the attribute Destination of the Transporter. Does the Destination fit to the transported part and can be achieved by the way system.

Regards,

Peter

Creator
Creator

Dear Peter,

1. yes there are specific number of orders for each day and i can identify the orders which were done and the orders which were not transported. The orders of first 2 days are completely done, but approximately half of the orders of the third day are done.

2.The entrance is not locked. The roads just have speed limit sensors that set the speed of the truck.

I do not get your question about event debugger, but no error is shown.

3.I have checked the destinations , they are all as they are expected to be. The destination of each truck is compliance with the order which is assigned to the truck.

Best Regards

Elnaz

Siemens Phenom

Dear Elnaz,

after two days we look for an order which is not correctly performed.

Then we consider each steps of this single order.

Regards,

Peter