Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with textured plate

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, cause the fact that Plant Simulation doesn't recognise colors or textures from archives .jt I have tried to add that textures by adding a Facet/Textured Plate.

The problem is that the textures added weights a lot (for example: I have a model with a weight of 80 Mb and I add 5 photos as textures to make the door, the windows and the roof and the weight pass to 360 Mb!!!).

Is there any solution to add textures to an object but not to give the model that innecesary weight that make the simulation slow and that produce out of memory errors when saving?

Thank you

3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with textured plate

Phenom
Phenom

have you tried to reduce the photo resolution yet ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I don't know what you mean by "Plant Simulation doesn't recognise colors or textures from archives .jt" - Plant Simulation is well capable of importing Jt files with textures. Relatively frequently, we've had the problem, though, that some tools that create Jt files don't export the textures which of course makes it impossible to import them if they aren't there.

As for the other question: simulator is completely on the right track here - the texture of your textured plate has to be stored inside of the Plant Simulation model. This of course means that a high-resolution texture causes saving a large amount of data.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ohhhh it's true the problem was the high weight of the photo, sorry for my mistake.