Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process sequence control in combination with standby redundancy

Creator
Creator

Dear All,

I am struggling to implement my process sequence control into a flow line with standby redundancy. When the SingleProc Mach2 fails, the method ActivateStandby kicks in and activates the singleproc StandbyRed. In consequence entities are then processed by StandbyRed and passed on to the subsequent buffer.

Nevertheless, the substituting process is not part of original production sequence as described in a sub-table of the table MyWorkPlan. Accordingly, the user-defined attribute PositionInWorkPlan is not increased by one. This results in entity 2 being stuck in Mach3 if you run the simulation and thereby blocking the entire production process.

Hence, I greatly appreciate any help on how to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES

Betreff: Process sequence control in combination with standby redundancy

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Gecko,

as far as I understand your simulation model it should work when using the same exit control for StandbyRed as you are using for the other stations.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Dear GG,

Thank you for responding to my question. You are right, I forgot to adjust the exit control. Nevertheless, this does not fix my problem entirely. Because StandbyRed is not part of the formal sequence as defined in the sub table of MyWorkPlan. Hence, the part processed at StanbyRed will wait for Mach2 to become available again and then move there whilst it should move to Buffer2.

Thank You!

Gecko

Siemens Phenom

Hello Gecko,

after incrementing the processing pointer at StandbyRed, the next processing station should be Mach3.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creator
Creator

Hi GG,

I checked again, the problem is that the counter is not incremented while beeing processed at StandbyRed. Hence, the entity moves on to mach 2. Do you have a clue how to fix this?

Kind Regards

Gecko

Siemens Phenom

Hello Geko,

please provide your current model.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Creator
Creator

Thank you for your continuing help!

Siemens Phenom

Hello Gecko,

your exit control 'MyExitControl' is not correct. In your Workplan, the buffers are also listed, but the PositionInWorkplan only is incremented at the machines. Therefore every part is processed by the machine twice.

At the buffers, also use an exit control which incremenst the PositionInWorkplan.

It is also possible to remove the buffer operations from the list of your workplan.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Creator
Creator

Hello GG,

thank you for pointing out the double-processing to me, I missed that completely.

Regarding your idea of eliminating the buffers from the WorkPlan. I tried it but then the entities will not be stored in the buffer when succeeding machine failed and immediately block the upstream machines. Hence, this solution is not feasible.

When I set MyExitControl as the buffers' exit control I avoid the double processing and the production progress is properly incremented in the counter. Here the problem is, that I can only select one exit control for each object. At buffer 2 this means that I can either choose the ActivateStanby or MyExitControl as exit control. Do you know if there is a way to integrate both simultaneously.

Thank You,

Gecko