Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing same MUs depending on attribute

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi community,

I try to model a process where up to three MUs can be processed at the same time according to their attributes.

For example the buffer before the parallel processor has ten MUs at time x, with the following attributes:

red, gold, green, red, gold, green, blue, blue, red, gold

In reality the worker processes the three MUs with the attribute red at the same time, after that the three with the attribute gold and then the two MUs with the attribute green. Do you have any suggestions how to model the process?

I really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Big thanks in advance!

Jan

2 REPLIES

Re: Processing same MUs depending on attribute

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

You can use a Pull-control. There is a starting point for you in the example models: Discrete material flow>>Pull control>>Color sorting buffer.

The easiest way to get real batch processing (my assumption here) is to lock the entrance once you have loaded all products of a certain color. When all parts have finished and left (ParallelProc.empty=true) you unlock the entrance again and let the Pull-control select the products for the next batch.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Processing same MUs depending on attribute

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Nomden, that is a valuable suggestion. I will have a closer look at it and try to adapt it to my process requirements.