Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming with FlowChart

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I was wondering if in Plant Simulation you can program using a FlowChart instead of programing with code.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Programming with FlowChart

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Sevag,

Plant Simulation contains (as optional product) a Gantt Diagram. It is a basic object and requires some programming knowledge.

But there is a tool GanttWizard, which is easy to use.

Go to the Start Page > Examples/Infos (scroll down) click Examples Collection.

In the dialog select Category “Tools and Optimization” > Topic “Wizards” > Examples “Sankey and Gantt”.

Regards,

Peter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Sevag,

we are developing a library of objects for visual programming in Plant Simulation.

Press release: http://www.tenlinks.com/news/graphit-ships-smarttalk-library-for-plant-simulation/

You can see a screenshot of that here: http://graphit.hu/tecnomatix/gyartasilogisztikai-folyamat-szimulacio-optimalizacio/smarttalk-konyvta...

We plan to make it available by the end of this month in English and Hungarian. It will be free for students.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Zsolt

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

Hi Peter and Zsolt,

Thanks for your answers. 

What i wanted to know is if there is a way to program in PlantSimulation without using code. 

For example to program the EntranceControl of a SingleProc with Ifs and whiles, but instead of doing it with code, to do it graphically. 

I have been experimenting with another simulation software called SIMIO, that lets you do this, and i was wondering if there is something similar in Plant Simulation.

I attach an image of what i mean.

Anyway, it would be great Zsolt if you can contact me when you have your Library ready. I would really like to test it.

Thank you.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Sevag,

currently it is not possible to program in a graphical way.

But in the method editor we have a lot of templates for common tasks, there you also can insert code snippets for the available control structures.

This is very helpful if you are not yet familiar with the syntax.

Besides that it looks very promising what Zolt and his team is working on.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

You can find more flowchart examples and templates in the digram community. Specially programming flowcharts are there to be used freely.