Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull or Destination control for Pick and Place

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to have a destination- (or Pull-) control for a pick and place robot, that is a bit more complex:

(See the sample modell attached.)

The MUs should run through the modell in the following order:

F1 ---  A1, B1, B2, --- C1, C2, --- F2

Now the challange for me is that there should always be only maximum one MU on A1, one on B1 and B2, and one on C1 and C2 at a time.

(So a maximum of three MUs being on the Single Procs at a time.)

Does anyone have an idea on how to achieve this? (I guess using an Pull- or Destination control.)

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES

Re: Pull or Destination control for Pick and Place

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

you can see one way to implement this in the attached model. You would still of course have to adjust the rate at which parts pass through to your scenario and also the number if need be.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hello Igor,

thanks for your reply! That case/switch method works very well and solves already the first half of my problem!

I should have written the second part more clearly. To put it differently: There should only by one MU at B1 AND B2 at the same time. And also just another MU at C1 and C2 at a time.

(As explanation: B1 and B2 are inside one machine that only has one fixture. So there can only be one MU inside the machine. Same goes for C1 and C2, which is another machine with also just one fixture inside.)

Maybe an idea is to block the exit of A1 as long as B1 OR B2 are working. (And also block the exit of B2 as long as C1 or C2 are working.)

I do struggle to implement that though (so that it is actually working correctly).

Phenom
Phenom

have a lookUnbenannt.PNG

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I was trying to get!

I have never worked before with .fwBlockList, but it seems to be a good way to do it in this case.

Since this process variant (with the limitation of maximum three parts on the SingleProcs) doesn't produce the necessary thoughput, I was trying to get the same model but without this limitation. (So all SingleProcs can be working at the same time.)

Unfortunatelly I can't really get it to work so that the PickAndPlace doesn't get stuck...

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Phenom
Phenom

For this, the "if" conditions were coded in a high level of detail. (s. mPull/mPull_OLD )

Unbenannt.PNG