Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in 3D line object

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone,

I have a query in line object. In 3D, line object has different types of configuration like belt, roller etc. And if we want to add any extrusion profile to it, it can be done by clicking on the 'Advance'.

I have tried that method(using steps involved is attched in a file) but am not able to add add extra extrusion profile.

Please help me with this.

Also if it is possible to add any JT file to change the appearence of line in 3D, please mention that as well.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Query in 3D line object

Phenom
Phenom
Hi,

just for information and alignment - which Psi version are you using ?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

I am using Plant Simulation TR2.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I checked the behavior and  found the same effect.

This is clearly a bug and we will of course fix it.

For now, there is a workaround you could use (possible this might be even more suitable for your needs):

You can set the extrusion configuration of a length-oriented object (e.g. your line) with the following SimTalk code:

local t : table := <your line>._3D.ExtConfiguration;

debug; -- At this point, the debugger will halt the method. Now you can edit the local table t. This table contains one line per extrusion profile that is contained in the whole configuration set. Note that pairwise occurring profiles actually exist twice, e.g. "Frame_1" and "Frame_2" for the left and right frame of one of the standard conveyors. Once you are finished with editing your profile, you can resume the method execution.

<your line>._3D.ExtConfiguration := t;

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution