Hello GG and other experts,
I encounter many using problems about VSM objects, hope you could help me.
(1) For inventory object, only when parts stock arrive the order number demand, and then the production starts. Is there a chance to start production before inventory enough because some times parts will arrive before stock is straved.
(2) Part repaired will go to inventory objects, is there a chance to let it directly go to production line? inventory have many limits when using it.
(3) Which attribute or object I can use to access the item "Number of stations" for process_indexed and process_multiple.
(4) For process object, in the help there is a attribute "Reworking" that can set precess as a reworking station, but it isn't suitable in version 12.2. The help need to update. Am I right?
(5) If there are two process after inventory, two process can't start to work at the same time, I don't know why because the stock is enough, see the attachment for the detail.
Thanks very much!
Solved! Go to Solution.
here some answers to your questions regarding the VSM library.
1) Before a processing object like Process, ProcessAssembly, Process_indexed and so on, starts to operate a production order, the processing objects tests if there are enough parts available to finish the production order. this is done to avoid any blocking situation where a production order was started, but there are not enough parts available and the process is waiting endless.
2) No, products arriving from repairing are not assigned to any production order. So the product has to wait in an inventory or supermarket until a processing object needs the part.
3) You can use the attribute NumStations for both objects to define the number of stations.
4)You are right, the help needs to be updated. Thank you.
5) In your simulation model, the transfer quantity of your parts is set to 1. The first order of Process1 orders 600 parts of type NeiJi_KFR_35G_NCA12. The Inventory has an exit buffer of 100 places to allow several containers with parts to be delivered to several processes. In your case, all exit places are occupied by the parts for Process1 and therefore, no parts arrive at Process.
Workaround: increase the transfer quantity.
We will think about if we can do any changes to avoid this.
For question NO. 1, I think it's very useful, because some customer they only have 1 or 2 hours WIP, not all the parts of relative order, because the parts will be out continuesly from preceding process.
For question NO. 2, if we must use inventory, then some production line can't use rework station, because inventory will check all parts for the order, but we only put parts there.
For question NO. 3 and NO.5, problems can be solved.
Thanks very much!
Hello, is there any chance to change the setting of the "Supplier" object so that the supplier may supply more than once a day (at 6am)? The suppliers in my model supply every 2 hours 24hours a day.
Thank you, Elli