Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I am  a student at West Pomeranian University of Technology as my master thesis is in progress - it's target is to apply the theory of limits for a company.I ought to create a simulation's model that consist 19 machines and 5 variousproduct/articles to be machined there. All of the 5 products are machined at the first machine and thier processing times differ.  I seek for the method to set up each processing time for a particular product, so that the product after the first one (which is also going to be machined at the same machine), would be described with another , individual processing time? Am I able to set it up?

3 REPLIES

Re: Question

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Papica,

you can specify a type dependant processing time by choosing "List(Type)" for the processing time of your station. Then you enter the path to a table which contains in the first column the type (name) of your product and in the second column you enter the processing time.

Please have a look at the attached model.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your help.

I have one more question:

How to adjust each product's amount per batch? For example the "A" model should provide machining of 20 products, but for "B" model it is 30 products. How may I set up the simulation so that the "B" model will be machined unless the "A" model batch is completed?

Regards,

Papica

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Papica,

this really depends on your actual material flow.

You might want to close the exit of the station where the B parts are coming from until all the A parts are processed. (Attribute 'ExitLocked' in SimTalk).

Or you could use the pull control to decide which parts are allowed to enter the machine.

Did you have a look already at our examples collection?

(Start Page -> Example Models -> Small Examples)

This is a collection of small examples which demonstrate solutions to typical problems.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.