Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Queuing Patient for Processing Delay

Hello community,

I need to implement an exit strategy or a code that keeps the entity waiting in the buffur until the preceeding entity finishes all the three succeeding processes as shown in the figure below. So entity two will not move from the buffer till entity one finishes all the processes 1,2 &3.

In my case I am doing this because a patient can not enter a hospital room until the other occupying patient finshes all his processes and leaves the room.

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

Mohamed Elshal

4 REPLIES

Re: Queuing Patient for Processing Delay

Hello

WaitForPatientFinished.PNG

You could solve the issue like the above picture, where you control the 'ExitLocked' flag on the Buffer, when this is set to true then nothing will be able to exit the Buffer and when set to False stuff can then leave it. From when the patient enteres SingleProc to when the rear of them exits SingleProc2 you want to have that flag set to true.

To ensure that you can start and stop your model as you like, I recomend a init method where you set the flag to false.

Hope this is of some help.

JamesM

Hello,

I have tried it but not working. The Mu keep holding in the process without moving. Maybe I have implemented in the wrong way.

I wonder if you can help me with the full code or a simple model. I am using Plant simulation 13 or less.

Thank you,

Mohamed Elshal

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamed_Elshal
4 weeks ago

Hello

This is probably due to not changing the exit control for the last SingleProc to be a rear exit control, if you leave it as a front exit control then you will need to provide a line like @.move to ensure that the MU moves onto the next object, but also in doing so then the timmings will be wrong.

Attached is a working model.

JamesM

Thanks, It is working perfectly