Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rack

Creator
Creator

Hey guys. Does anybody know if you can take multiple entities (without pallet) from a lane and keep them all in a single Rack cell? It's clearly possible to keep a single entity, as shown on the picture below, but what about keeping several entities?

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Rack

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Arkalius,

yes you can.

Define the dimension of the Rack as for example to X-Dimension=3, Y-Dimension=3 and Z-Dimension=3, then you can store 3 parts in every box of the rack as you can see in attached picture.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the quick answer! One more: how do I arrange entities in a line using RSU (HBW library)?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,Arkalius,GG

Today, I have the same problem as yours when i model  a warehouse(lane) with RSU.

Hope GG can give detailed advice .

Give my best regards to you!

Siemens Phenom

Hello Arkalius, Hello Mark Lee,

in a box of the rack you only can stack up the parts. It is currently not possible to line up the parts behind each other or side by side.

Sorry for that.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG

Thanks for your answer, is it possible to make it by the animation of the rack of the MuAnimation?

Siemens Phenom

Parts of this task can be solved.

If, and only if, you do not care about the orientation of your MUs, you can change that in the store so that it looks like aligning the MUs in front of each other. Set <store>._3D.MUAnimationAreaMURotation for that purpose. The attribute takes the same format as e.g. _3D.Rotation, e.g. a single real as a rotation around the negative Z axis (which does not approach the orientation you need at all) or a vector with 4 values: angle and three values for the axis. In your case, the axis most likely would be (0,1,0) so you might want to assign makeArray(90.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0).

But - and this is important - this will still let the MUs be stacked using the height and just turn the entire stack.

If you want to go further, you then might change the MU dimensions to fit your purpose but this looks to me a bit like a white elephant. You would need to change the internal graphic of the MUs, their dimensions and their animation to make this possibly work.