Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Simulation in 2D

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to record a running simulation from the 2D view for presentational purposes? I have been searching the help file but only found how to record a simulation in the 3D view.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES

Re: Record Simulation in 2D

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ET-Boys,

right, video creation inside Plant Simulation can only be done for 3D windows.

If you want to create a video from a 2D simulation you can use free tools like Windows Movie Maker or commercial ones like Camtasia.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Siemens Phenom

Video recording from within Plant Simulation is a pure 3D feature.

You could either use an external video recording tool for what you try to accomplish or you could activate 3D and then record the whole application (there is the setting "Record Client area only" in the video settings dialog - if that box is unchecked, the whole application window is recorded).

Note that the video recording function is only available if the active view is a 3D view so you have to record at least something that also contains a 3D view. I can't say whether that is something you would want.

Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you, I solved it by using an external screen recorder.

However, I am also wondering if it is possible to take a screenshot of the entire model? I noticed that the Report generated after an Experiment run does this very nicely. Is this possible to do?

Siemens Phenom

Hi ET_Boys,

the frame has two methods which you can use for this purpose:

• copyBitmapToClipboard
  • copyBitmapToFile

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

TuneFab Screen Recorder allows you recording video in both 2D and 3D in different file formats without wasting time. You can have a try.screenshot-record-video-and-audio.png