Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Red crosshair axesOrigin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

i have a question regarding the red crosshair displaying the axesOrigin.

i am currently changing from PlantSim V12 to V14 and trying to integrate all of out Objects into V14. Now every frame is showing the red crosshair for the axesOrigin. In V12 you can turn that off by switching the displaymode in representation to symbol. In V14 that doesnt seem to work.

Then i tried via a method to call every frame and set the axisOrigin to [0.0, 0.0]. Then it always tells that this can not be done because some objects would be out of the frame. But if i change it manually in the representation dialog it is possible and shows [0.0, 0.0] in the attributes.

My question now is if there is any mistake in my method, it works with some values, or if it just isn´t possible to set it to [0.0, 0.0] with a method?

Thanks in advance for your Help!

1 REPLY 1

Betreff: Red crosshair axesOrigin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Radi,

In V14 Coordinates3D is the master for the position of an object. The pixel coordinates in Xpos and Ypos are calculated using the axis origin and the scaling factor of the frame. When you now change the axis origin to the upper left the objects will keep their Coordinate3D and therefore it might happen that the objects would get negative values for Xpos  and/or Ypos which is not allowed.

You would have to move your objects first to the lower right quadrant so that this cannot happen.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.