Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh graphics

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm running a simulation in 1 frame and then using methods in that frame to update graphics in a different frame (not part of the simulation)... only the graphics aren't updating. They do if i left or right click within the graphics frame - but otherwise they don't.

Amination frame rate is set to 50fps, but  guess this is just updating the simulation frame.

I was hoping there was some simtalk i could use to trigger the "refresh graphics" for the graphics frame.... a simtalk equivalent of clicking within the frame perhaps?

I've tried updategui but this didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

6 REPLIES

Re: Refresh graphics

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Frame.redraw

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Michael.... the same problem still occurs though

I forgot to mention its 3d graphics im working with. So can do 'redraw' on the 2d frame, which doesn't seem to affect the 3d, but not on its 3d counterpart

Cheers

Siemens Phenom

This should not be necessary.

Can you explain when exactly clicking inside the frame makes a difference?

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Peter.

I have a method that unhides (.showgraphicgroup()) graphics as a  simulation progresses.

Whilst the simulation is running and i am in the 3d graphics frame, none of the graphics update/ appear. However if a click the mouse or scroll within that frame then all the relevent graphics suddenly appear.

I tried "F5" refresh within this frame as an alternative but this doesn't work.

Just to clarify the simulation is in a completely different frame to where the 3d graphics are. I assume this is the source of the problem since I have a similar model where the graphics frame is simply the 3d counterpart of the 2d simulation frame, and the graphics update fine here.

Cheers

Siemens Phenom

You do not happen to run your simulation in fast-forward mode or with switched-off MU or icon animation, do you?

In these cases, I would have to revide my earlier statement - here the suppressed redraw would be intentional due to performance reasons and due to the high-performance requirements that are laid upon these modes.

Otherwise, this is still unexplainable to me so far.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep, turns out i did have MU graphics disabled! And re-enabling sorts the problem out. Thanks for your help on this one.