Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of simulation for a defined time window

Hello everyone!

At the end of my simulation, I would like to extract the results and some statistics. I could do it with the HTMLReport tool, and this gave me some good results.

Now, I would like to extract the results only of a time window of my simulation. Let say from day 5 to day 10, while my simulation lasts 20 days, for example. The reason is I don't want my results to be influenced by the start and initialization of the assembly line, nor by the last parts that exit the line.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Vincent

10 REPLIES

Re: Report of simulation for a defined time window

Phenom
Phenom

for this case you should set the "statistics" value in the event controller to set the warmup phase.

After this set warmup phase the statistics will be reset.

Thank you PHENOM! And what about the end of statistics collection?

Phenom
Phenom

if you want the statistics e.g. up to day 10 then set the simulation end in the event controller

to day 10.

You can of course run the simulation longer and (manually /method) grab the statistics at day 10.

The question I have is:

Whats the sense of letting the simulation run 20 days if you want to have the statistics for day 10 ?

The reason is that I would like to compare the results of different time windows.

I created an initial method Init to set the end time and the beginning of the statistics collection. It looks like this :

is

do

EventController.End := 864000 ; --ends the simulation after 10 days

EventController.Statistics := 172800; --should starts the statistics collection after 2 days

end

It works perfectly for the end of simulation but absolutly not for the stats... Do you have any idea?

Cheers!

Phenom
Phenom

What do you exactly mean by it doesn't work for the stats ?

I mean that the command "EventController.End := xxx" can be done in the method but not the command "Event.Controller.Statistics := xxx".

I can't define the beginning of the statistics collection in the inital method with this command.

Phenom
Phenom
try this

root.EventController.StartStat := str_to_time("2:00:00.00");

Works perfectly and is much more comfortable to give the time the way you did it, instead of calculating the number of seconds! Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello.

If you wish to compare the results then it might be good to run it multiple times to get out the results, for this i would derive your projects frame multiple times (so any changes you make will still take effect) and then you can set them up and collect data from them one at a time.

Attached is a project (made in 12.2) which shows you what i mean, it works through a table which you enter in all of the conditions, through looping through this it sets up the conditions and then after it has finished running then it will show the report to you while it runs the other tests (as oposed to placing them all in another frame and running them at the same time and not knowing when they are finished).

JamesM