Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result is not repeating after changing the variable manually

Builder
Builder

Tecnomatix Plant Simulation is reporting two diferent results after variable is manually changed comparing the result of the first run to next runs.

Please see attached file to understand better the issue and try to identify what is genereting the deviation.

Ricardo

10 REPLIES

Re: Result is not repeating after changing the variable manually

Phenom
Phenom

I had a quick/rough look

it seems to have something to do with setting  the ( failure) parameters in the init -method at simulation start

If you manually activate the init method before starting the simulation ,  the line performance

remains constantly the same

tomorrow I'll have a closer look

Builder
Builder

yes, but if you manually run the init and then play the simulation the init will re-run at the starting point and this way you are by-passing the first run result.

Phenom
Phenom

NO !

first run result is simulated after changing the variable from 1 to 2 and vice versa

if you manually run init before Simulation the first result equals all following simulations

if not the first run result differ from the multiple runs.

It has nothing to do with rerunning init .

You can check it by renaming init so it won't be rerun

The question right now is why setting the parameters through init cause the deviation

Builder
Builder

I did that, re-named the init and ran it by right clickint on it right after changing the variable and play the simulation after that.

Then I did the same procedure without changing the variable just to see if the result repeats. The result did not repeat again even running the method manually before starting the run.

I fear this problem has compromising my more complex models results.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hello Ricardo, Before you change MTTR and Availability, you should first deactivate the failureActive , and after change the parameters, you can change FailrueActive to true, the code just like, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ProcName.FailureActive := false; -- Failrue Change code ProcName.FailureActive := true; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phenom
Phenom

for alignment s. attached model.

mset1 sets values for variable =1

mset2 sets values for variable =2

setting the values before simulation gives the same results

@dongshui8558 

this was checked w/o effect

Phenom
Phenom

I've now checked it with explicitly setting the duration and intervall parameters ( mttr , mtbf)

without any positive effect.

I therefore suggest, you forward this issue directly to siemens/tecnomatix support.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

During reset the first disruption events will be calculated. This will be done with the old availability. 

When you set a new availability in the init method, then other disruption events will be calculated as when the availability had not changed because during the reset already a roll dice is done.

Therefore you should change the availability in the reset method.

We think about to change this behavior because it is hard to understand that for some settings it is too late in the init method.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Builder
Builder

KarolaMock,

this phrase was copied from the software documentation:

" When you start the simulation of a reset model, the first event to be executed always is the Init event. "

So it does not make sense the object starts the round set with old parameters.