Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval procedure out of a High Bay Warehouse

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have a High Bay Warehouse consisting of 4 "Aisle" components (Names: Aisle...Aisle3) and 1 "Warehouse Manager" component from the Transport library (tab: HBW). Additional I added 1 "ASSI" component (Assistent for Transport Systems) for the registration of the 4 aisles and the Warehouse manager to one system. Furthermore I created 4 different MU's types (red, green, yellow, blue) , which will be stored into the warehouse respective their color. (red will be stored in LG1, green will be stored in LG2 and so on). The materialflow goes from the left to the right. So the MU's, which are going to be stored into the warehouse arriving from the left and after the retrieval out of the warehouse they shall continue traveling to the right.

So the storing process into the warehouse is fine but I absolutely don't know how to model the retrieval process out of the warehouse. And the retrieval process shall happen as well es the storing process respective the color (LG1 shall retrieve red loads, LG2 shall retrieve green loads and so on)

I already have a method for the retrieval proecdure, named "retrieve". The Code you can see in the second attached picture. While the simulation is running in the left upper corner of the method symbol there a green point is blinking so actually the method is conducted. (I inserted this method in the distance steering of the "generator" component) But unfortunately no loads are retrieved out of the warehouse Smiley Sad 

Do you have any idea how I could model this? Sorry for my englich I am no native speaker Smiley Happy

Thank you very much in advance

p.s.: LG1...LG4 are the labels of Aisle...Aisle3 (Name: Aisle, Label: LG1.... Name:Aisle3, Label: LG4)

Sincerelly,

Unistudent89

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Retrieval procedure out of a High Bay Warehouse

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

I first would place a breakpoint in your method.

If its been called then make sure of what is been executed in it.

Are you sure the retrievaldemand method is been called and executing the commands you want.

I can probably bet your conditions are not been fulfilled or the method called is not working.

Also share your retrievaldemand method it will make more sense that way to help you.

cortega@interlatin.com.mx
+52 (81) 10801310
InterLatin S de RL de CV

Creator
Creator

Hey, thank you very much for your answer.

The retrieve method is been called and executed (during the simulation there is a blinking green point in the left upper corner of the method symbol) But it doesn’t do what I want. I think the method is not recocnizing the loads that should be retrieved. But I absolutely don’t know how to change this to make it working. The retrieve method code is attached in the jpeg file. The method is executed by a generator.

I hope that can help you.

Thank you so much for helping.

Sincerely,

Unistudent89

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello UniStudent89,

can you please post your simulation model so we can heck in more detail the behavior of your model.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Dear GG Siemens,

no problem, of course. Attached you will find my simulation model.

Thank you so much

Best regards

Unistudent89

Siemens Phenom

Hello UniStudent89,

there are two settings you have to change in your simulation model.

The library you are using is very old and at the time the library was created, all MUs had an attriute called EntityType. In you CreationTable you create the Attribute EntityType, but you did not use the same name as the name of the MU itself. This you have to modify because the Warehouse methods are using this attribute.

Second, in the dialog of the aisle you have to change the setting of 'If ordered type not stored' to 'error message'. Otherwise the HBW will create the missing part without any attributes.

Change the settings and try again runing your model.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creator
Creator

Dear GG,

thank you for your help. Now I am on the right way. Did it work, after you changed those settings you told me? I don't know exactly what you mean with the first issue. I changed my code in the retrieval method in that way you can see it in the first attached file. 

But during the simulation at that time the first retrieval out of the warehouse should occur, an error message appears. The error message is as a screenshot attached in the second file. 

So, "unbekannter Bezeichner EntityType" means "Unknown identifier(designator) EntityType". So the attribute EntityType is still not recognized by the retrieval method in my oppinion.

If it worked for you, maybe you could upload the fixed model-file?

Thank you soooo much for your help, I am sure after only one little step it will work Smiley Happy

Best regards

Unistudent89 

Siemens Phenom

Hello UniStudent89,

look at the creation table of the source, there I modified the attributes of the first four entries. Open the attribute sub table and you will see the attribute EntityType which should be identical with the name of the MU. I only did the changes in the first entries of the creation table.

In method Retrievals, you have to use the same identifiers you are using for the EntityType.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Creator
Creator

Hello GG,

thank you so much for your help, now it's working. Well done. 

Thanks a million Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Unistudent89

Creator
Creator

Hello GG,

the storing in and retrieval out procedure is now working. Additional to my 2D Warehouse I added 4 "RSU-Track" components from the "HBW 3D" class to visualize my Warehouse in the 3D Viewer. But now the aisle components as well as the rsu-track are linked by connectors to the the last pieces of the storing in conveyors. The going out order of those conveyor pieces is "around". During the simulation (in the 3D Viewer) now it happens that only every second load is stored in the 3D Warehouse (and animated bei the rsu) while the other loads are stored in the 2D-aisle components due to the going out order "around" of the last pieces of the storing in conveyors. (marked in the attachement (picture)) The small long boxes with the piece of road in the middle are the "RSU-Track" Shapes from the "HBW 3D" class.

Is there any possibility to synchronize those "two" warehouses?. I need both the 2D warehouse to configure all the necessary settings (warehouse and rsu settings) and the 3D warehouse for visualization and animation during the simulation in the 3D viewer. For a better understanding I attached my file to this post.

When you run the simulation to the end then on the storing-out conveyors the loads are jammed at a random point in time. In the beginning of the simulation the loads are restored due to sensors and the respective method. There is it fine, but at a random point in time the methods seemed not to be executed anymore and the loads are jammed and I don't know why.

Thank you very much for your help again, I really hope these will be my last problems with this model Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Unistudent89