Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running only 1 MU through simulation?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, my simulation is currently running only one MU through the simulation, and after one is done it stops and shows the statistics. I want to run the simulation for a longer period of time, but it will not run past one MU. Is there a setting I accidentally turned on or something that affects this? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Running only 1 MU through simulation?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While I have no idea what your simulation looks like, I assume that you have at least one Source instance in your model.

Could it be that in that source, on the attributes page, the amount is 1?

That would mean that the source creates a fixed amount of parts, namely 1.

The default setting in a newly created Source is "Interval adjustable" with an amount of -1 (meaning: infinitely many parts).

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

you might have set the "time of creation" in the source to "Number Adjustable" and set one as parameter, could you check on that?

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer
It is on Interval Adjustable. There is more than one MU coming out of the source, but as soon as it goes into the Drain the simulation stops.

Siemens Phenom

Could you upload the model that you are using? Or do you have any other methods implemented in your model?

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer

Siemens Phenom

The issue in your model is that a station is blocking at subframe RobotC, this cuts the flow of MUs, there are hence no more events to be processed which causes your simulation to stop and print out the report. You can fix this by changing RobotC.setDestination( @.destination, true) to RobotC.setDestination( @.destination, false) in .Models.Frame.RobotC.MRobotC. After that you have another error coming up in subframe RobotH, here in the Methods Models.Frame.RobotC.FittingIn and Models.Frame.RobotC.MFittingOut the identifier "BufferProc2" does not exist, after changing it to "BufferingConvStandIn" the model works again. Attached is your model with all the fixes incorporated.

Kind regards,

Igor