Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error when saving model

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, I have made an important simulation with several 3D graphics and when I'm going to save it I obtain an error and then the program stops the saving procces and exit. Any possible solution?

error.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Runtime error when saving model

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

I've seen this crash before. So far, this happened especially in very large models when speaking in terms of file size or scenegraph depth.

I suppose you imported a lot of graphics into your model. Did you optimize them?

By the way, what version of Plant Simulation are you using?

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for answering Peter. Yes the model is large and has a lot of graphics (around 147 Mb the .spp file).

The sofware version is 12.0

About the graphics I have optimized part of them, but I'm going to try to optimize the rest.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you have access to it, I'd suggest to use version 13. We added some checks during file save that might not immediately let you save such a file (meaning a file that for unknown reasons would otherwise cause Plant Simulation to crash) but at least gives you a better error message and gives you the opportunity to rework your model so that it can be saved again.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Peter but it isn't possible because my university only works sith this version.

Finally I have used a previous security copy of the model and it let me save, so I will work from that copy. I think the problem might be caused by something with the graphics but I don't know what exactly.In the future I will save continously in order to have a fresh security copy.