Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencing job one after another in SingleProc

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

In a scenario where I have 3 products A, B & C. I have a source which produces 100, 50 and 200 quantitya of A, B and C respectively in a sequence. I want to produce the same number of part in a batch i.e. first I will process 100 A parts in singleproc followed by 50 B parts and atlast 200 C parts which will be again followed by same sequence i.e. A, B, C..... and so on.

What method should I use? I tried locking exit of other buffer B & C when processing part A. But couldnt succeed. I have attached the example model below .

PS: Kindly provide plant simulation ver. 10.1 model if you are sharing any model as I don't have plant simulation ver. 11.

5 REPLIES

Re: Sequencing job one after another in SingleProc

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Jay,

You can use the Pull control to realize this. There is a nice exampel model in the Examples collection that comes with your installation.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can you please ellaborate on pull control.

In forward block list I just get entity number. How do I get the entity name? and how do I loop the sequence (i.e. 100 A parts, 50 B parts and 200 C parts again followed by same sequence)?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello Jay,

Another solution which i can think of is by using source and tablefile. Use a single source and do the configurations as shown in picture.

Note: Please make sure to check the box 'Generate as batch'

Sequence1.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

While using this method I can only use 1 buffer. Actually further I will be having 5 parts: i.e. 2 coming from different machine and 3 coming from different machine and I want to process them in batches through a common machine.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Another problem what I found in pull control was that my part sequence doesn't remain same in forward blocking list. So If I need to define control based on name of the MU