Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Set attribute/status of entity after each step of process

Hi everyone!

I began a few days ago to work with this simulation software and I am trying to simulate the production of a quite complex product. The product has to go from step to step through the entire line. After (or during)each step, I would like to define the "state" of the part as "OK" or "KO" depending on some statistics. Depending on these statisitcs, the part could choose between two different path :

• If the state is "OK", then the part would move to the next assembly step.
  • If the state is "KO", the part would go to an extra step, called for example "repair" and come back to the step to be processed a second time.

It is a kind of continuous quality control of the product, to be sure that the part is correctly produced after each step.

Thank you very much for your help!

Vincent

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Set attribute/status of entity after each step of process

Legend
Legend

Hi Vicent, 

Each step will be modelised by a singleproc for example. Each step will have a exitcontrol method that allows your MUs to move according the MUs status. 
.MaterialFlow -> SingleProc -> Duplicate -> Call it "STEP" for example. 
Go to the attributes and create a new attribute call it "ExitCtrlMeth". Attach this method to the exitControl. 

The method looks like this : 

is 
do
local myMU : object := @ ; 
local myStep : object := myMU.location ; 

mySetp.exitLocked := TRUE ; 

waituntil myMU.OK prio 1 ; 

mySetp.exitLocked := FALSE; 

end;

You should also define a new attribute on your MUs for OK and KO status. 

I wish it helps.

BR
O.C 

Hi O.C.

Thank you for your answer! I now better understand how to estalblish some exit controls and creteria.

I think the "exitLocked" function does not allow some MUs to pass if they don't repect the condition. In my case, I would like them to go out anyway, but to a different next step depending on the state. For example, at step 1, if the state in "OK" the part will move to step 2. But if the state is "KO" at step 1, the part will go to step 3.

The exit control should act like a guide to tell the MU where it has to go next.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello VincentSeydoux,

You could also change the exit strategy to "MU-Attribute" and set the exits based on the Attributes.

For Info on how to do it, just refer the help documentation and search for "Exit Strategy" or "MU-Attribute".

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards

Legend
Legend

Okay ! In this case, you don't need to create an exit control method. 

Go on the exit Strategy of your STEP -> MU Attribute -> Apply ->  Attribute Type (String) -> Open List

And fill the list according to the status.

Your Step should be connected to two other steps.

PS : the second line is KO not OK ! 

Capture.JPG

Thanky O.C. and Simpulse. Actually, I found this process before. The issue I have is to access to the attribute of a MU during the production step.

What I have now is a table for the source, that gives me when the parts are released, the name and I could put the status too. I set the exit strategy as you mentionned too. The question I have is the following :

"With a production step (Singleproc for example), how can I modify an attribute of a MU? I would like to define the status "OK" or "KO" of a MU in function of statestical data."

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
If I understood properly, If the state is already set in the source table, then you could use an Exit Control method to move the parts to the desired Exit.

if @.state = "OK" then
@.move(?.nf(1));
elseif @.state = "KO" then
@.move(?.nf(2));
end;

For this MU should have a user defined Attribute "state" of type string.

If the states are to be set after each production step, then what is the strategy you are using to Change the states? This Change in the state can be called by another sub-method "m_change state" called before choosing the Exit Control. Something like this.

m_changestate;
if @.state = "OK" then
@.move(?.nf(1));
elseif @.state = "KO" then
@.move(?.nf(2));
end;

I hope this was helpful.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I accidentally deleted the last post. Sorry. Here is a simple model to show you what I mean. But it does not have the sub-method.

Regards

What I am missing is the way to change the Attribute "State". After leaving the source, the MUs do not have the attribute "State" even if I defined it in the table at the beginning. I want to programm the SingleProc in order to give each MU that passes through the attribute "State = OK" or "State = KO".

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You can take a look at the model above. There is a source table which sorts the MUs based on states. I have just given a random value of 5 MUs for each state. So, at the Exit of the SingleProc, the Exits are selected based on the states.

If you want to Change the Attribute of the MU at the single Proc, you can do so by calling,

@.state = "OK" or
@.state = "KO";

Regards