Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Set inheritance from method

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to programmatically enable inheritance on a built-in variable for an object in the same way as I change the Inherit value button from yellow to green by clicking.

For example, using a SingleProc and changing Set-up time I want a way to do this as for user-defined attributes:

is

do

ref(SingleProc.SetupTime).InheritValue := true;

end;

Is this possible in some way?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Set inheritance from method

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Unfortunately this is not possible.

This feature is solely available from the graphical user interface.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Legend
Legend

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm saddened to hear that. Are there any plans on enabling that in the future? At the moment it is very cumbersome to manually click the buttons for every object when they are changed through an AttributeExplorer for example.

This issue has been bothering me for a long time now. As well as the fact that even though the button next to a value is green, in the "Show Attributes and Methods" list they are indicated as not inherited. Why is that so?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The implementation effort would be rather high, so we currently have no plans to implement this.

Every now an then this issues comes up, but until now it wasn't a real problem.

But we will add it to our requirement list.

When you look at the attribute ProcTime in "Show Attributes and Methods" you will see the last value. In case of a constant time this is the always the same. But if you have a distributed time it is the last time used out of the distribution. This value is never inherited.

Maybe it would make more sense to show the actual distribution parameters instead of the last value.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.