Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up for multiple user-defined attributes

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello,

I am modeling a machine which is supposed to be able to set up depending on the state of several user-defined attributes of the entering entity. The built-in "Set up depends on -> User-defined attribute" works fine, but I would like more than one attribute the SingleProc should account for.

I have a number of unique MUs, but each entity of each MU can have different user-defined attributes which can trigger the setup.

I have tried the setUpFor() method but it seems as though it strictly goes after the MU-name which does not help me.The help section is not clear what "MU Type" means when, for example, utilizing setUpFor() with a string argument.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

Re: Set up for multiple user-defined attributes

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

You could activate "SetupAfterNumParts" (on the Setup tab) so that it sets up for every MU that enter.

On the Times tab you can define a formula that reads out all the relevant attributes. It makes to use a method here, since you would probably want to store the attribute values of the previous MU.

Note that when the returned set-up time equals zero, no set-up is being triggered and processing starts immediately.

Good luck!

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Set up for multiple user-defined attributes

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Thank you, this was a smart way of doing it. I forgot the formula field could be used to call a method Smiley Happy