I am facing difficulty in modeling setup in my model.
Variant A - 4 Subcomponents and Variant B - 4 Subcomponents.
Operator capacity - 10 items at a time. operator loading parts on container for washing operation in batch.
As per production plan - they want to produce 8 units of Variant A and 15 units of variant B. after variant A parts loading there is setup of 2 min.
I want operator to load 8 units of each subcomponents (variant A) prepare pallet on assembly - processing time 20 sec and then do the setup and load the parts for variant B on next pallet
your model is not ready:
1. Add the predecessors into the first column of the Assemblytable (2, 3, 4, 5 is working)
2. There is no service "transfer" for the processing at the Assemblystation.
I added it into the creationtable of the Workerpool.
Now the simulation is running.
3. I generate parts with name "A" and "B". Duplicate .MUs.Container and rename the objects in the folder .UserObjects.
4. I set Time of creation of Source4 to "Delivery Table" and insert a DataTable with the name "ProductionPlan".
5. Fill the table: Column 2: .UserObjects.A, .UserObjects.B, Column 3: 8, 15
6. Start the simulation and check the throughput in the Drain: Great 23 container.
7. Define the setup time 2:00.
Validate your model: Compare the total running time without and with setup time:
The total running time increases by 4:00. Clearly, setup is needed twice.