Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Shift Calendar - Overtime shifts

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into a way to model just a single overtime shift during the simulation to see how adding one day or multiple days will effect the simulation. For example: if production is running behind schedule I want Plant Sim to have the workers come in on a Saturday work 8 hours then back to normal schedule. Is there a way to do this in the Shift Calendar or to use a user-defined method?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author csadler
‎01-24-2017 09:36 AM

Re: Shift Calendar - Overtime shifts

Hello,

at the beginning of the Saturday you can set the attribute shift of the Worker object.

At the end of the Saturday you set the shift of the other days.

See the attached model for Plant Simulation 12.0.

The endSim method evaluates the working time of the worker.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm not fully understanding what this portion of the init method is doing. I've never used the methCall function in Plant Sim, could you help explain this a little more? 

ref(setShift).methCall(str_to_time("3:::"),"Subbotnik");
ref(setShift).methCall(str_to_time("4:::"),"Normal");

Hello csadler,

I would like to change the model after 3 days.

For this purpose I call the method setShift by the first statement:

The first parameter is the simulation time str_to_time("3:::") or in more detail: str_to_time("3:00:00:00").

The second parameter ist the parameter of the method setShift.

At the beginning of the Saturday I set the shift of the worker to the value "Subbotnik".

In the Event Debugger you will see the corresponding events MethCall, only if the variable Subbotnik is true in my model. Please debug the Init method.

This means that the worker must work at Saturday.

Please note: If you can catch the event of the beginning of the Saturday (at time 3:00:00:00) then you call simply setShift("Subbotnik"). But that will be happened exactly at this time.

At the end of the Saturday I set the original shift "Normal", such that the worker will work at Monday.

This is done by the second statement.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the explanation. So if I had the Event Controller set so there was no end date and Subbotnik is equal to true then it would run on every Saturday after that, is that correct?

I just checked it out and it reverts back to the Normal shift schedule, and that's because that method isn't called again. Thanks for the help, Peter!